Super Bowl Eats Part 1

Vanilla Scented Cornbread
While purusing some of my favorite blogs a while back I came across this recipe and fell in love. I absolutely love cornbread. Cornbread muffins, stuffing, even just the bread it self. IF its made correctly and crumbles in your mouth with its moist tenderness. So when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it and ASAP. So I made it on a Sunday over the Summer and let me tell you this is the most tender cornbread ever and the slight sweetness is very very pleasing on the palate.
I will say that I have made this several times and everyone has loved it. It is just fantastic I really can't say enough about it.
For the Superbowl we decided for the meat portion of the meal to go with P's famous Pork Shoulder. Smoked and slow roasted on his Green Egg that he loves. Let me say that this pairs perfectly with it. So please make it and enjoy it, because it really is that good.

Vanilla Scented Cornbread

1 cup of yellow cornmeal
1 cup of flour
1 cup of sugar or vanilla sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup of buttermilk

2 teaspoons of vanilla extract – I used Vanilla Bean Paste instead of the Extract and the Bean.

contents of one vanilla bean scraped
6 tablespoons of butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine buttermilk, eggs, vanilla extract and vanilla bean scrapings if using.
Combine the wet ingredients to the dry and give it a quick few whisks. Pour over the mixture and stir.
Pour into an 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan that has been lightly greased and floured. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. I baked mine for 30 minutes so that it springed back when touched.

Thanks Vanilla Garlic.


Popular Posts